Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
From the international cookbook
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (30 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (30 ounce) can tamales
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- Place roast in a large pan.
- Add wine and sprinkle soup mix on top.
- Cover and cook at 425 for 3-4 hours or ntil meat is very tender.
- Shred meat into a large casserole.
- Add beans, chili, tamales, sauces, and salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix well.
- Heat thoroughly and refrigerate overnight.
- Skim off fat and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- May add shredded cheddar cheese last 15 minutes or baking time.
This is a family favorite, but I'm sooooo glad I didn't have to type it in. I recommend refrigerating and de-fatting after step 3. Then it's ready to eat as soon as it's heated. If you're worried about the fat in the chili and the tamales, you could dump them in before you refrigerate. The broth should be hot enough to bring the additional fat to the top.