Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
One Saturday afternoon I sat down to go through all sorts of magazines in search of different recipes.This was one of many that now sits in my coveted recipe box.I apologize for not knowing its source but I hope you try it anyway!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 potatoes
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- Combine first eight ingredients.
- Shape into loaf in the center of a 13x9-inch pan.
- Place potatoes, onions and carrots in layers around meat. Be sure to season veggies well with your favorite seasonings.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour.
- Uncover then bake 10 minutes more.
- I like to brush meat and veggies with a teriyaki glaze before and during baking.
- You are able to change the taste of this meal by the seasoning you use.
- Hope you enjoy.
have made something similar to this for years, but followed your instructions this time and it came out just fine. It was good and it held it's shape well, but was a little on the bland side,another time I have to admit I would go back to adding a lot more herbs and spices, it definately needs some zing. It did made nice sandwiches today.