Recipe by petlover
really easy and quick
Top Review by Outta Here
Pure comfort food. So good on a cold, wet (typical) Pacific NW day. And so quick in the pressure cooker. I made 2 changes. I added some whole mushrooms with the onion and carrots, and didn't use the flour until after the cooking, and then mixed it with some water and thickened the juices while meat rested on platter. Served with mashed potatoes. This one is a keeper!
- 680.38-907.18 g chuck roast
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml mustard
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml coarse salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 340.19 g beer
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 236.59 ml beef broth (or chicken)
- 1 large onion
- 6 carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pressure cooker ( medium).
- Brown beef on both sides, then remove and set aside.
- Add to same pan: small amount of beer and loosen/stir up bits.
- Add flour and tomato paste to pan and cook over medium for one minute.
- Place the meat and everything else ( and the rest of the beer ) in the pan.
- Close this lid and cook on high pressure for about 1 hour.
- Let pressure come down naturally.
- Serve over rice or noodles.