Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
really easy and quick
Make and share this Pot Roast Made With Beer for the Pressure Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker ( medium).
- Brown beef on both sides, then remove and set aside.
- Add to same pan: small amount of beer and loosen/stir up bits.
- Add flour and tomato paste to pan and cook over medium for one minute.
- Place the meat and everything else ( and the rest of the beer ) in the pan.
- Close this lid and cook on high pressure for about 1 hour.
- Let pressure come down naturally.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Pure comfort food. So good on a cold, wet (typical) Pacific NW day. And so quick in the pressure cooker. I made 2 changes. I added some whole mushrooms with the onion and carrots, and didn't use the flour until after the cooking, and then mixed it with some water and thickened the juices while meat rested on platter. Served with mashed potatoes. This one is a keeper!
This recipe was awesome. I did do an elk roast instead of beef and it was great, other than that I followed the recipe to a T! Thank you
I rarely review recipes but this is really stellar roast! I chose this as my first recipe to cook in my new pressure cooker. The flavor was delicious, not your run of the mill roast with brown gravy, but not too out there in flavor profile either. Classic comfort food. The recipe had just the right hint of tomato in the sauce, the mustard wasn't too strong, and it cooked to tender perfection in an hour.
I used Guinness as the beer, and I only used one tbsp of olive oil as my roast was a bit fatty. I also added more salt in the end to suit my taste. Thank you very much for the wonderful recipe!