Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A one-pot main course, just right for weekend eating. Simply put all the ingredients into a casserole dish and leave to cook gently.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Place the shallots in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for about 5 minutes until the skins soften, then drain.
- Place the lamb in a large casserole dish or small roasting tin and add the cider, vinegar, thyme and garlic.
- Peel the shallots, trimming off the ends but keeping them whole. Add to the pot, season and cover with a lid or foil.
- Cook for about 4-4½ hours or until the meat is thoroughly cooked and very tender.
- Carefully lift the lamb onto a carving board, cover and rest in a warm place for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid then return to the pan and reduce for 5-6 minutes.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the shallots and gravy.