2 hrs 10 mins
If you prefer a milder flavour, using passata instead of pasta sauce. The wine makes the meat very tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g leg of lamb
- 225 g onions, peeled and cut into rings
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 2 . 5 cm/1 inch pieces
- 350 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 450 g new potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 slices rindless streaky bacon
- 10 rosemary sprigs
- 325 g italian tomato sauce with herbs
- 150 ml red wine
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas5. Put lamb joint in centre of a alrge roasting dish. Surround with onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Peel garlic and cut in half. Rub cut surfaces of garlic all over lamb.
- 2Stretch bacon rashers over lamb, securing with cocktail sticks. Using a skewer, make holes evenly over lamb and insert a rosemary sprig in each hole.
- 3Mix together pasta sauce and wine in a jub. Season and pour over vegetables around meat. Sprinkle herbs over vegetables.
- 4Cover with foil. Roast for 2 hours. Remove foil. Roast for 20 minutes until the gravy thickens. Remove cocktail sticks. Serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.6
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 159.7 mg
- Sodium 516.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 45.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato sauce with herbs