Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From a Southern Living cookbook. It's a great make-ahead dish. No crock pot needed.
Make and share this Pot Roast Jardiniere recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Rub roast with salt and pepper. Brown roast in hot oil over medium heat in Dutch oven.
- Add broth; bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 1/2 hours.
- Add vegetables and rosemary to Dutch oven. Cover and cook 1 more hour or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove roast and vegetables with a slotted spoon to a serving platter, reserving liquid in pan.
- Whisk together flour and water until smooth. Whisk into reserved liquid in Dutch oven; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Serve gravy with roast and vegetables.
We really enjoyed this wonderful pot roast recipe. It was simple to prepare, and the taste was sensational. I thought the rosemary was the perfect amount, providing a great herbal touch without overpowering everything else. Thank you for sharing your recipe, spoilme. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.