Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A recipe I copied from a library book.
- 3 lbs boneless beef rump roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups bell peppers, chopped (red or green)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped, fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups carrots, chopped
- 5 cups spaghetti, cooked, hot
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan and roast until rare, about 1 hour.
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat; add roast, onions, peppers, and garlic and sear meat on all sides, stirring vegetables to prevent burning.
- Add remaining ingredients except carrots and spaghetti, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and let simmer for 1 hour, turning meat occasionally.
- Add carrots, cover, and cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from pot and keep warm.
- Remove half of the liquid and half the vegetables from pot, in a blender container, in batches (no more than 2 cups at a time), process liquid and vegetables until smooth.
- Combine with mixture remaining in pot and if necessary, reheat.
- Slice roast and pour sauce over meal, serve each portion with 1/2 cup spaghetti.