Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I think I got this recipe from a newspaper a long time ago. It sounded good to me so I made it and absolutely love it. I don't do this part, but if you like a thicker sauce, just before serving remove meat from pan; combine 2 Tbls cornstarch and 2 Tbls water and stir into pan juices. A non-stick pan is a must.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs pot roast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (1 lb) package spinach noodles
- Brown meat in hot oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- Pour over meat; cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Slice meat thin and serve over spinach noodles.
Yum!! SO good!! Flavorful, so tender, and a little different than your typical pot roast. Didn't thicken the pan juices which were fantastic over spinach fettucine. Be sure to serve this with crusty French bread or garlic bread. Have had my eye on this recipe for some time and am glad I finally got a chance to make it. Used the most beautiful chuck roast I've ever seen from Costco, Italian stewed tomatoes, Parmesan from the green can, and an entire 15 oz. can of tomato sauce. Will definitely make this again! Even my kids who don't like roast loved this. Thanks for sharing your recipe!