Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
With a litle effort this crock pot recipe will win the hearts of friends and your family!
Make and share this Pot Roast in Wine-Crock Pot Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 -5 lbs chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 oranges, sliced medium thin
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- fresh parsley, chopped rough
- Mix together the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil and butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat and brown the roast on all sides.
- Place the roast in your crock pot and pour over top the mixture of 8 ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When done mix together in a large saucepan the cornstarch, water, and marinade.
- Cook over high heat stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken.
- Whisk in the wine and add the orange slices, heating through.
- Slice roast and serve with wine gravy and orange slices.
- Garnish with parsley if you wish.