- 3 lbs beef roast
- 3⁄4 ounce onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup carrot (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup potato (cut into 1 inch pieces)
To make the roux
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper the pot roast.
- Add pot roast, soup mix, stock, and vegetables to the crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours.
- In the last hour of cooking time, mix the butter and flour and add to cooking liquids. This will thicken the gravy.