Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love this recipe because it is so easy and delicious to make.
Make and share this Pot Roast in the Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 3⁄4 ounce onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup carrot (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup potato (cut into 1 inch pieces)
To make the roux
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper the pot roast.
- Add pot roast, soup mix, stock, and vegetables to the crock pot.
- Set the crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours.
- In the last hour of cooking time, mix the butter and flour and add to cooking liquids. This will thicken the gravy.
This was really easy and very tasty. I also added some celery because I needed to use it up. I usually make gravy separately on the stove top, but really liked how well that worked in the crock pot. I'll do it that way from now on. Thanks raposok for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.