- 4 lbs beef chuck
- 4 cups beef broth (or good quality canned broth)
- 4 small potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 teaspoons minute tapioca
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut in eighths
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 12 ounces beer (or other desired liquid)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer all ingredients in rice cooker in order listed.
- Leave on KEEP WARM setting for 24 hours.
- NOTE: Do not use COOK setting as that’s too harsh of a boil for pot roast.
- The KEEP WARM setting is 180-185 degrees and will cook the pot roast perfectly and the vegetables will stay whole and beautiful. Check for seasoning before serving.