3 hrs 20 mins
I came up with this recipe because I was short on veggies, but also because my five year old loves peas, one of the few veggies she will eat. My husband and I aren't very fond of peas, but in this potroast they were very good. I hope you enjoy this recipe like we did, and it is very cheap to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs roast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 15 ounces of early tiny peas
- 2 cups sliced baby carrots (so that the pieces are round chips)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary (I put mine in a coffee grinder)
- 3 (7/8 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- salt and pepper
- 1preheat oven to 300.
- 2season w/ salt and pepper, then sear all sides of roast cubes in olive oil, then put in baking dish or pan and set to side.
- 3add butter to pan used for searing meat, then add vegetables and rosemary, saute until onions are almost transluscent.
- 4pour over meat and cover with tin foil(be sure to use a fork to put holes in foil for ventilation).
- 5cook for 3 hrs, there is no need to stir just let it cook.
- 6transfer meat and veggies to another dish
- 7pour leftover juice in measuring cup to see how much is there, then put in saucepan.
- 8you may need more or less water, you want the total amount of liquid to equal 3 cups, then mix gravy powder in cold water before adding to pan.
- 9I made mashed potatoes to go with the roast, and thats it.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast for Bianca
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1169.0
- Calories from Fat 733
- Total Fat 81.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 250.5 mg
- Sodium 1195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 71.2 g