Recipe by lovetwocook
I came up with this recipe because I was short on veggies, but also because my five year old loves peas, one of the few veggies she will eat. My husband and I aren't very fond of peas, but in this potroast they were very good. I hope you enjoy this recipe like we did, and it is very cheap to make.
- 3 -4 lbs roast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 15 ounces of early tiny peas
- 2 cups sliced baby carrots (so that the pieces are round chips)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary (I put mine in a coffee grinder)
- 3 (7/8 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 300.
- season w/ salt and pepper, then sear all sides of roast cubes in olive oil, then put in baking dish or pan and set to side.
- add butter to pan used for searing meat, then add vegetables and rosemary, saute until onions are almost transluscent.
- pour over meat and cover with tin foil(be sure to use a fork to put holes in foil for ventilation).
- cook for 3 hrs, there is no need to stir just let it cook.
- transfer meat and veggies to another dish
- pour leftover juice in measuring cup to see how much is there, then put in saucepan.
- you may need more or less water, you want the total amount of liquid to equal 3 cups, then mix gravy powder in cold water before adding to pan.
- I made mashed potatoes to go with the roast, and thats it.