1/13 Photos of Pot Roast by Diner
3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This is such an easy recipe, but such comfort food. This is my mom's way to make this dish. A complete meal in one pan, except that I add corn as a side dish. The gravy makes this meal complete.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Add oil to a dutch oven or large covered dish that can go from stovetop to oven and heat to medium high heat. Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Brown roast on both sides in oil. Then add water or beef broth, onions and carrots. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and put cover on and place in oven.
- 3Let roast cook for 2 1/2 hours. Check at this point and make sure there still is enough liquid, if not add more water. This type of meat needs to cook for a long time but needs the liquid to make it tender. Now add the the potatoes. Cook for another hour(remove cover last 20 mins.) or until potatoes are tender and cooked through. Remove meat and vegetable to a serving plate/bowl and keep warm.
- 4Add water or beef broth to pan and stir to get all the browned pieces. Mix flour with one cup water, add salt and pepper to taste, and shake until very well blended. Add this mixture to pan until thickened and to your taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast by Diner
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 237.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 52.1 g