Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Want to try this soon!!
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 1⁄2 lbs rump roast
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Sprinkle or rub garlic salt, onion powder, and pepper on roast.
- Brown in oil in skillet; set aside.
- Combine onion, green pepper, garlic, bay leaves, and parsley and sprinkle half in bottom of roasting pan.
- Add roast, and sprinkle remaining half of spices on meat.
- Combine thyme, water and Worcestershire sauce; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook slowly for 2 hours.
- Turn roast and return to oven for another 2 hours or until roast is tender.
- To make gravy:.
- Remove enough drippings and place in skillet with flour, stir till smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.