Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Easy, flavorful Sunday meal
Make and share this Pot Roast and Egg Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof pot over medium heat. Brown meat, 3 minutes per side. Remove meat and set aside.
- Add garlic, onions, carrots, celery to pot. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 10 mn.
- Add broth, wine, tomato paste, mushrooms, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Return meat to pot. Liquid should come about 2/3 the way up the sides of the roast.
- Slide covered pot into a 325 degree oven and let cook for 2 1/2 hours. Turn roast once and occasionally baste. Roast is done when very tender.
- When tender, remove meat from pot and shred with fork. Discard fat, bay leaves, and thyme sprig. Stir shredded into sauce and keep warm.
- Serve over lightly buttered egg noodles.