3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, 2008 Show: Paula's Best Dishes -> Episode: Memory Buffet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion, wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1HOUSE SEASONING:.
- 2Mix ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4Add the House Seasoning, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Rub seasoning into the roast on both sides. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the roast, searing on both sides. Place the meat in a roaster pan. Add onions and garlic to skillet for 1 to 2 minutes to absorb leftover roast juice. Place into roaster pan with meat and bay leaves.
- 5Combine the mushroom soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce and beef bouillon into a bowl. Pour over the roast. Add water.
- 6Cover pan with foil and bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
- 7Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- 8*Cook's Note: If the gravy is not thick enough, remove the meat from the pan and pour the gravy into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and thicken it by adding 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water, stirring constantly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 15017.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: