Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great meal for a lazy Sunday. This recipe is also good for a slow cooker. Don't add potatoes until the last hour of cooking. Cook roast on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rub roast with garlic, salt, and pepper on all sides then dust with flour. Heat oil in large skillet and brown roast on both sides.
- Place roast in a roaster pan, or a Dutch oven. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the roast.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and potatoes.
- Pour 1 1/2 cup of water over the roast.
- Cover and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Your recipe produced an excellent flavored roast. I cooked it in the oven for 2.5 hours. However my roast was thicker than I normally get in the supermarket, I got it from a dedicated meat market. That said, I think the roast could have cooked a little longer for more tenderness for the cut I took home. No fault of your recipe instructions. Thanks for posting Douglas Poe. Made for PAC Spring 2013