1/1 Photo of Pot Roast
3 hrs 30 mins
My sister always asks for this as her birthday dinner. The sauce is not overpowering and adds just a note of elegance. Serve with simple steamed fresh green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown roast on all sides in oil on med-high heat.
- 2Transfer roast to small roasting pan.
- 3Save pan you browned the roast in, but do not wash.
- 4Pour broth over roast.
- 5Cover pan and roast@ 350*F for two hours.
- 6Add vegetables.
- 7Cover and continue roasting for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- 8Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
- 9Cover and keep warm.
- 10Add 4 tbsp drippings to original pan.
- 11Add flour to drippings and make roux, stirring constantly, making sure to loosen browned bits, until smooth and thickened.
- 12Add remaining drippings, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- 13Add sour cream and cook on low heat, stirring until completely combined.
- 14Serve sauce drizzled over roast and roasted vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.6
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.0 mg
- Sodium 407.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 47.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: