My sister always asks for this as her birthday dinner. The sauce is not overpowering and adds just a note of elegance. Serve with simple steamed fresh green beans.
- Brown roast on all sides in oil on med-high heat.
- Transfer roast to small roasting pan.
- Save pan you browned the roast in, but do not wash.
- Pour broth over roast.
- Cover pan and roast@ 350*F for two hours.
- Add vegetables.
- Cover and continue roasting for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Add 4 tbsp drippings to original pan.
- Add flour to drippings and make roux, stirring constantly, making sure to loosen browned bits, until smooth and thickened.
- Add remaining drippings, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add sour cream and cook on low heat, stirring until completely combined.
- Serve sauce drizzled over roast and roasted vegetables.