Recipe by Timothy H.
I just love pot pie, so easy but it does take a little time! Like they say, haste makes waste. You can use up some of the left over ham, turkey or chicken in this zippy pie!
- 2 prepared frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 2 1⁄2 cups ham stock or 2 1⁄2 cups turkey stock
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked ham or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake the pie shell for 12 to 15 minutes and set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat melt butter and add flour stirring all the time until mixed well. Remove from heat add the stock and mix well using a wisk. Return the pan to low heat and add the cream, continue stirring.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the milk until well combined. Pour the mixture into the cooked pie shell and cover with the other pie shell. Press the edges together using the back of a fork.
- Put 4 slashes in the top crust and brush with milk. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.