We really wanted pot pie one night, but didn't have any dough. I did have egg roll wrappers, so I decided to give that a whirl. It turned out great!I will make my pot pie like this from now on. One cupcake is a good size serving for those of us trying to eat reasonably sized portions. You can use your favorite pot pie filling, or try the one I like!
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 12 egg roll wraps (you can either find these in the prepared salad section at the grocery or at any oriental market)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion, celery, carrots in margarine for 10 minutes.
- Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly.
- Combine broth and milk and gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Add canned/frozen veggies to mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt, pepper and chicken.
- Once filling of your choice is prepared, grease a cupcake pan and push wrappers down, fill with mixture and swipe all edges with egg. Close them up the best you can!
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.