Cook1 hr 55 mins
Something my mom and I make with leftover chicken. This is really, really good and hearty.
Make and share this Pot Pie Casserole With a Biscuit Topping. recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Fill large saucepan with water; boil potatoes and carrots until just tender, about five minutes.
- Drain; shock with cold water and allow draining.
- In large mixing bowl, combine soup, stock and seasonings; add in vegetables and chicken and stir well.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 – inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until hot.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles small peas.
- Add milk; knead dough on lightly floured surface.
- Shape dough into 13 x 9 – inch shape.
- Top baked filling; bake additional 20 – 25 minutes at 425 F or until topping is browned.
This has really good flavour & I love that it is CHOCK FULL of chicken & vegetables. I did 1/2 a batch in an 8" square pan & just used water in place of the chicken stock - other than that, I followed the recipe. Very hearty wintery meal! For some reasons, the leftovers turned a very odd grayish colour but my husband gobbled them up & said it tasted even better than it did straight out of the oven.