1/10 Photos of Pot Pie #1 Alaska Chicken Pot Pie
Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
This a very easy and very good pot pie. It can be made with chicken,beef,shrimp or ham. A lot of homemade pot pie come out very dry by not putting in enough broth. Give this a try and it will be your # 1 pot pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425:.
- 2In a sauce pan combine chicken,carrots,peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- 3In the sauce pan over medium heat,cook onion in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour,salt,pepper,and celery seed. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick stirring all the time.Remove from heat when thick and set aside.
- 4Place the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust. Pour in the hot liquid mixture.
- 5Cover with top crust,seal edges,and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow the steam to vent. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 6Please Note: To speed up you can use frozen vegetable medley instead of boiling the carrots,peas and celery.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pot Pie #1 Alaska Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.6 mg
- Sodium 443.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 14.1 g