Recipe by Budgiegirl
mmmm Pizza! Okay. It's not quite the same as pizza from your favorite pizza place but it's still very good. 6 points for Weight Watchers. This recipe is core.
Top Review by Easy Baker RN
I liked this recipe because it is core, but it was too thick. if I make it again I think I will add some canned tomatoes. Also the edges started to burn in my crockpot, but it just might be that my crockpot cooks too hot. Sorry I really wish I had liked this more.
- 8 ounces lean ground beef or 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups whole wheat noodles, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown meat, onion and green pepper.
- Stir in mushrooms, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and Splenda.
- Pour mixture into a slow cooker sprayed with Pam.
- Spread noodles over meat mixture.
- Layer cheddar and mozzarella evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Mix well before serving.