Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great cookies for St. Patrick's Day or anytime. Allow to chill overnight.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons milk
- green food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in milk and extracts.
- Combine the flour, almonds and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a 10-inch roll, wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325* for 14-16 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine the icing ingredients; decorate cookies as desired.
- Let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container.