Recipe by Rita~
This golden, healthy, thick, rich and creamy low fat soup is made with no butter or oil, milk or cheese added. I made this using left over chicken breast, white rice and Low Fat Roasted Golden Cauliflower (golden in color) also the potatoes add the golden color along with the turmeric.
Top Review by C-R4
My whole family loved this soup! I didn't have any curry so I faked it using fennel, cinnamon, garlic, and turmeric but it still turned out delicious. To add more flavor, we actually used leftover chicken quarters that we had grilled. It added a nice smokey flavor. Even the picky 3 year old asked for seconds!
- 1 head cauliflower, golden roasted
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, washed and cubed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in 1/2
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (optional)
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 scallions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot heat 6 cups water and the first 7 ingredients. Simmer till tender about 20 minutes.
- Blend in blender or hand immersion blender.
- Add chicken and rice to heat.
- Season to taste with salt a pepper. Garnish with scallions.
- For vegan omit the chicken.