Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to make this soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 5 lbs chuck arm pot roast
- 1 (30 ounce) can apricots (Apricots may either be halves or whole canned apricots.)
- 2 teaspoons instant onion
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cream or 1⁄3 cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Trim fat from pot-roast and het in Dutch oven or electric frying-pan to obtain 2 T drippings.
- Discard remaining fat.
- Brown meat in drippings, on both sides.
- Pour off drippings.
- Drain Apricots reserving liquid to pour over beef.
- Sprinkle onion, majoram, basil and pepper on both sides of beef.
- Cover tightly and cook slowly 2 to 3 hours, until tender.
- Add herry and salt; cook uncovered 30 minutes or until liquid has cooked down to a syrup, basting meat frequently.
- Place pot-roast on platter; spoon syrup over it. (Any remaining syrup may be served as an accompaniment.) Arrange apricots around pot-roast and garnish with parsley.
- To serve, slice across the grain of meat.