One Dish recipe perfect for pot lucks can be made ahead up to the cheese addition
Make and share this Pot Luck Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichokes (not marinated)
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese, I used a mix of gruyere and sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Flatten chicken breasts a little and cut each breast in two.Mix together flour, curry powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper.Dredge chicken in flour mix.Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in heavy skillet.Brown chicken a few pieces at a time do not crowd add more oil if needed.Place chicken breasts in a greased cassrole dish. Melt butter in same skillet, saute mushrooms until just tender. Top chicken breasts with mushrooms, green onions and artichokes. Mix wine and soup together and pour over chicken, cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes Uncover, top with cheese and paprika return to oven for abput 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
We enjoyed this dish because it was so easy to prepare and was on the table in such a short period of time. But we felt the amount of wine was excessive because it seemed to overpower the rest of the ingredients. For the cheese, I used all sharp cheddar (since I dind't have any gruyere on hand), and I thought that was a great touch. Thank you for posting your recipe, June Langton.