Recipe by Courtly
A yummy, chocolaty custard. From taste of home.
Top Review by Maven in the Making
So delicious and decadent! Made for a special dessert for Valentine's Day! Divided it into five antique demitasse cups. The amount fit the five cups well but it was so rich we all had trouble finishing it. I think I might divide it into more cups next time and leave room for a bit of whipping cream. I was surprised how easy and f-a-s-t this went together. Thanks so much. Everyone was so impressed.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate chips and vanilla until smooth. Pour into small dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.