Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a southern favorite. I like to make mine with chicken, although pork is traditional. It is great with slaw, baked beans and potato salad.
- 2 lbs pork roast or 2 lbs chicken breasts, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cube meat.
- All all ingredients to pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 2 hours until meat falls apart and sauce cooks down.
- Serve on buns with barbecue sauce and slaw.
The vinegar was a bit overpowering but I added a half a bottle of Kraft Honey BBQ sauce and this is heavenly! I have made it several times and my family loves it as well. I used a pork Roast and had no idea where to begin - thanks for the starter recipe!!
This recipe smelled heavenly as it was cooking. I used chicken pieces rather than breast. The meat fell off the bone and looked wonderful. However, it was rather strong with vinegar and dry. The suggested side dishes, which I prepared as well, ended up being the meal. If I try it again, I will probably cut back on the vinegar and worchestershire sauce. omething wrong.