Recipe by Catnip46
This is a crock pot dish but can be made on top of the stove as well. Even the pickiest eaters should find something to eat in this dish which contains beef, pork, chicken and sausage.
- 2 lbs boneless beef rump roast or 2 lbs chuck roast, cut into six pieces
- 1 lb pork tenderloin or 1 lb pork chop, well-trimmed
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, halved or 2 -3 chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage, cut in serving pieces
- 3 carrots, scraped and cut in 3-inch pieces
- 2 onions, peeled, halved and stuck with whole cloves
- 2 parsnips, scraped (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef bouillon
- wrapped in cheesecloth
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Alternate pieces of meat in crock pot with sausage on top; add vegetables on sides to fill up.
- Put herbs wrapped in cheesecloth or a tea strainer in the approximate center.
- Pour in bouillon.
- Cover and cook on low 12-18 hours.
- Serve with cooked carrots, leeks, turnips, onions and potatoes.