Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I train at martial arts for an hour a day, often I am hungry afterwards but don't want a proper meal. I came up with this to fill the gap so to speak. The combination of fruits can be varied, I usually use what fruits are in season. You must use banana as a base as it provides potassium which is lost by the body during physical activity. The linseeds provide essential fatty acids and provide a bulking agent to make you feel full. I use a magic bullet to make this but a regular processor will also work
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon golden linseeds
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup unsweetened rice or 1 cup soymilk
- 4 large strawberries (optional)
- Grind the linseeds to a powder in a food processor or magic bullet using the short cup and flat blade.
- Place all the ingredients in a glass/processor/blender or tall bullet cup.
- Blitz with desired machine until smooth and serve immediately.