Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love the day after Thanksgiving -- time to find ways to use the left-over bird. One of my favorite concoctions is this yummy salad. Looks terrific, tastes even better. Great for lunch or a light dinner.
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts or 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise, low-fat okay
- 2 tablespoons chutney, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lettuce leaf
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the turkey, pineapple, celery, onion, peanuts, and grapes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, chutney, lime juice, curry powder, and salt. Gently toss the mayonnaise mixture with the turkey mixture.
- Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes to chill.
- Serve a big scoop on a plate lined with a bed of lettuce leaves.
- This also makes a delicious filling for lettuce "wraps".