Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom made this for me every time that I had chemotherapy. It's good comfort food. The recipe calls for one whole chicken, cut up, but you can use two breasts and two legs, as long as they still have skin and bones. Also, I have no idea why the recipe uses beef bouillon in chicken soup, but it's yummy!
- Place cut up chicken in large stock pot.
- Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, peppercorns, bouillon cubes, salt, lemon juice, and 2 quarts cold water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer until chicken is tender. (About 1 hour.).
- Remove chicken to cutting board. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove skin, bones, cut chicken into 1-2" pieces. (Turn off the soup and keep it covered while you're doing this.)
- Also, look for the 3 peppercorns and throw them away if you see them.
- Return chicken to soup pot, along with noodles. Cook for 15 minutes longer, until noodles are done.