Recipe by Poss
I'd always wanted to make this kind of dip, but could never figure out how to add the "cream" part to a creamy dip such as this. So yes, I did cheat by using a store-bought heat-and-eat product, but it's easy to use, and the price is decent considering the work I'd have to do to make the dip some other way. be that as it may, feel free to tweak the ingredients a bit -- perhaps using fresh spinach and more mayo or sour cream instead of buying the packaged stuff. And while you're at it, tweak the rest of the recipe: if you like garlic, use more; if you hate garlic, don't use it at all. Try different shredded cheeses for different tastes & colors; try varying the amount of mayo or sour cream to change the consistency of the dip; try Triscuits as opposed to tortilla chips for a heartier snack. And be forewarned: although I listed the recipe as serving 10, I've found some family members who would be more than happy to eat the whole bowl themselves.
Top Review by riffraff
This was pretty good. I will make again because it was so easy. The Boston Market Spinach is costly so I tried it with a package of plain frozen spinach and 3 oz of cream cheese with good results at half the price.
- 1 package boston market frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can artichoke heart
- 1 package shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1 cup grated cheese (parmesan or romano)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic
- green onion
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave the package of frozen creamed spinach just enough so that it's thawed, yet uncooked.
- Add creamed spinach to a good-sized bowl that's oven-safe.
- Chop artichoke hearts and add to bowl.
- Add shredded cheese to the bowl, and mix thoroughly.
- Chop green onions and add to bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise (or sour cream) to the bowl, and mix again.
- Crush garlic, and add to the bowl, mixing after every clove.
- Add most of the grated cheese (leave a bit left over), and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix.
- Sprinkle remaining grated cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Place bowl in pre-heated oven at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.