Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet and tangy, great on ribs, steaks, chicken, you name it! The only time it takes to make this is the time to find the ingredients and mix them into a bowl. This recipe was in its original form one of Emeril's barbecue sauces as seen on his TV show. It's since been tweaked, perhaps not to perfection, but to my & my family's taste.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk well to be sure the brown sugar dissolves.
- Transfer BBQ sauce to a container better suited for serving.
I wouldn't say this is amazing sauce, but it is tasty, fast and easy and I will definitely make again. I added smoked paprika for extra flavour
Great option when you're short on time. I spiced it up with a bit of allspice and used it on [url]http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-seitan-barbecue-bbq-ribs-vegan-295097[/url]. Fantastic! May play around with the spices in the future.
You totally saved dinner tonight! I planned on making BBQ chicken with cheddar cheese & bacon on top. We recently found out DD is allergic to high fructose corn syrup & liquid smoke flavor--they're in EVERY bottle of bbq sauce in the house. She says this tastes better anyway & I agree. So easy too!!! THANK YOU for the keeper!!!!