Recipe by Poss
This is a recipe I got from my paternal grandfather, by way of my mother. Pa would never share his recipe, so mom had to secretly watch him one day as he made it to catch the ingredients he used. It's not exactly 100% like his, but it's the closest we can get. Use a generous amount of paprika, try shells or egg noodles for pasta, and for chicken pieces, try legs and thighs. It's a bit on the greasy side, and it may have a bit too much garlic for some, so tweak the recipe according to your and your family's taste.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 good-sized onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pot on medium-high.
- Chop onion.
- Add onion and garlic to pot.
- Cook'till transparent.
- Add paprika, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken, cook till coated.
- Turn chicken, cover, and reduce heat to medium or low.
- Cook chicken for about an hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta finishes cooking, remove chicken from pot, and keep warm.
- Add pasta to the chicken"sauce" in pot.
- Stir'till thoroughly mixed.