Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Myrtie Mae's Home Style Dining, Eureka Springs, AR.
Top Review by stittfam5
We love going to Myrtie Mae's and sampled their Possum Pie during our last trip. I made it using this recipe for our Valentine's Day dinner and it was very well received. Hubby thought it was even better than Myrtie Mae's! Next time I may grate some chocolate for the top.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 12 -16 pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Spread onto bottom of crust.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- In another mixing bowl; combine pudding mixes.
- Add milk and vanilla; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spoon over the pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and pecan halves.