Recipe by Noodle lovin' flool
My grandma used to always make this and it is one of my many "Comfort Foods". Cheap, Easy, and really good with homemade cornbread. Enjoy! Sometimes I add only half a can of green chillies, it is your choice.
Top Review by Lakme
Very traditional - I wonder if the name is from this origianlly being 'possum' stew, as the ingredients are pretty standard for southern mountain stew with whatever 'varmint' was caught that night...
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch-style pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped