Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
We really enjoyed the posole -- clock full of meat and just plain good. Heat can be adjusted by the enchilada sauce and the chipotle adobo sauce (I added a chipotle pepper in mine). Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) can hominy, undrained
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chipotle adobo sauce (from can of chipotle peppers)
- Place pork roast in slow cooker; add next six ingredients (onion - garlic). Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred meat with two forks.
- Add hominy and adobo sauce (I added a chipotle pepper) and cook on low for 30 minutes.
i cut recipe in 1/2 and was more than generous. very easy recipe pantry cooing at its best the smell is great when you walk in from outside .