Recipe by kimscatering
I have experimented for a long time perfecting this recipe. I finally have the secret! I am requested to bring this to every pot luck, family dinner, etc. You won't be disappointed!
Top Review by Lori Mama
This was delicious! I did take the liberty and added sliced black olives and some chopped onion as we like them. Also, I used a few more Doritos and a bit more cheese as it was suggested by the poster.:)
- 1 head lettuce, washed & drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) container grape tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Doritos (I prefer Pepper Jack or Extra Nacho)
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle fat-free Catalina dressing (regular makes it way too greasy!!)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning - follow package directions. Alow to cool slightly or put in refrigerator if you don't want to use the salad right away.
- TEAR lettuce into bite size pieces, but into bowl. Cut tomatoes in half, and spread out on top of lettuce. Put cheese on top of tomatoes. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, add Doritos, meat (if refrigerated, use microwave to take chill off of meat), and salad dressing. Toss well!
- Don't skimp on the cheese or doritos, the more the better! I use the whole bag of Dorito's. Not snack size, or Extra large, just the regular size bag -- .