Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is Alva Carpenter's recipe from the SLIM LINES column, Thursday. Its for all those of you who love chicken and are watching the cals. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, chopped
- 640 g crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 45 ml red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with half the Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high flame.
- Saute the chicken for 3 minutes in the oil until it is browned on the bottom.
- Flip to the other side.
- Add onion and the remaining seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower flame to medium heat and cook for 8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.