Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is Alva Carpenter's recipe from the SLIM LINES column, Thursday. Its for all those of you who love chicken and are watching the cals. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, chopped
- 640 g crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 45 ml red wine vinegar
- Season the chicken with half the Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high flame.
- Saute the chicken for 3 minutes in the oil until it is browned on the bottom.
- Flip to the other side.
- Add onion and the remaining seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower flame to medium heat and cook for 8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.