Recipe by Fauve
I clipped this recipe from The Charlotte Observer in 1996. From that time until now, this remains my ultimate crowd-pleaser squash casserole recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low-fat is fine)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs yellow squash, cooked just till tender & drained
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (crumbled Ritz cracker crumbs is okay)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayonnaise, onion, salt, cheese, eggs and pepper.
- Add squash to mixture and stir gently.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until nicely browned and set.