Recipe by ncardie
I always make this recipe every year for christmas dinner and family always request that i bring it to gatherings. very easy and elegant
- 250 g prawns
- 200 g king prawns
- 100 g shredded lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup prepared good quality seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 lemon wedge, and
- brown bread, and
- butter, to serve
- 1 teaspoon paprika, dried
for tomato roses
- 4 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- shread the lettuce into thin strips.
- quarter the tomatoes and dice the cucumber.
- assemble into ccktail glasses starting with the lettuce, season each layer with a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper.
- next layer the tomatoes and cucumber.
- add the small prawns on top and place a tablesppon of the cocktail sauce. sprinkle paprika on the top to garnish.
- to decorate the glasses.
- place a ring of king prawns along the rim of the glass and add a curl of lemon zest.
- add a wedge of lemon inside the rim.
- to make the tomato roses.
- using a very sharp knife, remove the peel from the top of the tomato in on continuous curl until you reach the bottom of the tomato. be careful not to break the strip. once finished curl the tomato stip into a rose shape tightly and place on the top of the cocktail sauce to keep in place.
- serve the cocktail glasses onto side plates garnished with a lemon wedge, sprig of parsley and triangles of brown bread and butter.