Recipe by English_Rose
Impress everyone with this great version, and you'll never want to settle for store-bought again
- 14 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tahini (if you have it)
- olive oil, enough to make right consistency
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika, to sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Whizz the chickpeas and garlic to a dryish paste in a food processor.
- Add olive oil, tahini and lemon juice to taste and a little water if necessary, keep whizzing.
- Stir in the scallions and tomatoes and season well.
- Dust with paprika and serve with pita bread.