Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on the menus of many simple bistros in France, its a perfect side to just about anything. Lucy Waverman developed this recipe after her visit to Dijon.
- Put potatoes & garlic into a large saucepan, add enough water to just cover & bring water to a boil; reduce heat to medium low & simmer, covered, 20 - 25 minutes until potatoes & garlic are very tender.
- Drain well, return to saucepan & put over low heat for a minute or so to dry out potatoes, shaking the saucepan so they don't stick.
- Combine milk & butter in a microwave-safe bowl & nuke on high for 1 - 2 minutes until milk is steaming & butter starts to melt; stir milk mixture, cheese & seasonings into potatoes.
- Squeeze potatoes through a ricer OR mash roughly with a fork, then beat until smooth with an electric mixer, being careful not to overdo it or they will become gluey.
- Spoon into a warm serving dish; sprinkle with parsley & serve immediately.
Lovely! The fresh herbs and the cheese made it special.
What can I say, 2 of my favorites...potatoes and garlic! The addition of the cheese, especially Gruyere, is an "icing on the cake" flavor. This is definitely a repeater! Thanks
this is very good im glad i found your site cause we eat aalot of vegtables aalso since we farm and i like a little different menu