Recipe by Chef Skyla
These chicken breasts are full of flavor and are posh enough for guests, but you'll want to make it all for yourself. This recipe requires you to marinate the chicken overnight, but it's worth the wait.
- 4 large chicken breasts (or 6 small breasts)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic and stir well.
- Dip each uncooked chicken breast into the mixture and place in a 9x13" casserole dish. Divide and spoon any leftover mixture on top of the breasts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove from the fridge and sprinkle a tablespoon of breadcrumbs on each breast. (More breadcrumbs can be used, if you want.).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Remove from heat and add the sherry. Use half of the sauce to drizzle over each breast. Reserve the remaining half of the sauce for use later.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spoon over the remaining butter/sherry sauce and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Add a small sprig of fresh parsley to each breast.