Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Beans on toast is another English staple. The beans used are not the brown sugar kind, so commonly found in the US, but instead are tomato sauce based. This recipe adds a few more ingredients for a (slightly) more up-market version. Try it, you may be pleasantly surprised!
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 (220 g) can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- Lightly toast bread slices and spread with butter. In a saucepan, warm beans with worcestershire sauce. Spoon onto toast and top with red onion and coriander.