Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Attractive super tasty dish. Great for romantic evenings. What's better than scallops? A scallop is what you find inside the Shell Oil shell...
- 1 lb scallops (fresh, ocean scallops only!)
- 1 lime
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari, shoyu or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Chop ginger and garlic coarsely.
- Heat a cast iron skillet.
- Add sesame oil.
- Let the oil heat and then add garlic and ginger.
- Once the garlic had caramelized, add scallops.
- Sprinkle with tamari and cook for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze a whole lime into the skillet and cook for one more minute.
- Serve immediately.
- It's very important not to overcook the scallops!
This was just ok not sure I would make again.I love sesame oil and garlic so thought it would be great but not really that great.
The sauce had a great flavour but did not complement the scallops. I wouldn't make this again.
These are delicious! The sauce was so good, I am going to double it next time. Very quick and easy. I also used some olive oil with the sesame oil to keep it from burning.