Recipe by Prose
It's like a patty melt---without the meat! Yummy! To make it vegan, use Tofutti brand American cheese. It melts quite nicely under the broiler and tastes just like the "real" thing.
Top Review by mliss29
Quick and easy and very good! My son, Chef #784894, suggested balsamic vinegar and that made them perfect! I used provalone cheese and added sliced tomatoes. Reviewed for Pick-A-Chef.
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoons braggs apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun
- 2 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mushrooms bottom-side up in an oven-safe pan or baking dish and sprinkle with seasonings. Broil 3-5 minutes or until dark and juicy.
- Let mushrooms cool slightly. Meanwhile, place a slice of cheese on top of each bun half. Place under broiler for 1 minute or until nice and melty.
- Place a mushroom cap, bottom-side down, on top of each cheesy bun. Eat with a knife and fork.